Ethical Leadership Development
The mindset, ability and behaviours of both formal and informal leaders are critical to an organisation’s success. Research, case study and practical experience all show that – intentionally or otherwise – individuals shape the culture, climate and practices of an organisation, the engagement of staff within it and ultimately its success or failure.
OCREUS services such as Organisational Ethical Profiling and Ethical Intelligence (EthQ™) assessment gather data to identify ethical, cultural and leadership strengths and risk areas within an organisation’s structures, processes and behaviours. Our Ethical Culture and Leadership Development services leverage strengths and addresses risk areas to support optional ethical, cultural and leadership performance within an organisation.
Some clients may combine our diagnostic services as a precursor to ethical leadership development activity to provide a targeted systemic development and enhancement programme. Other clients, with their own insights into organisational needs or with identified ethical and cultural leadership development goals, find our leadership development interventions immediately relevant and effective.
What is Ethical Culture and Leadership Development?
There are a number of interventions that can have significant positive impacts on general organisational culture and specifically on the effectiveness of formal and informal leaders and their ability to deliver good business and ethical results for the organisation. The most suitable approach for each particular situation will be determined based on client needs and our interventions are designed on a bespoke basis after we have developed an understanding of your business and requirements.
Typically our Ethical Culture and Leadership Development programmes would draw on elements including:
- Leadership development programmes
- Establishing a coaching culture
- Executive coaching
- Improving feedback and performance culture
- Leadership and management education – modular approach with respect to topics such as risk identification and awareness, resilience, influencing, conflict resolution, bias and handling difficult conversations
- Team development
- Mentoring programmes
- Induction, selection and promotion programmes
Where possible we use and adopt market leading tools and approaches, to allow for integration into general talent programmes where these exist. We believe we are unique in bringing an organisational perspective to ethical leadership development and this has led us to develop new interventions and to combine existing approaches in new ways, to create leading edge integrated development programmes that place organisational culture and ethical effectiveness at the heart of leadership.
Benefits of Ocreus Ethical Culture and Leadership Development
We believe our approach to development is unique in recognising that specific organisational culture (and leading and managing that culture as it is reflected in practice across the organisation) and effective ethical performance are now critical core skills for current and upcoming leaders. We also believe in delivering leading-edge and innovative solutions but based on proven, evidenced approaches and delivered by appropriately skilled and qualified professionals, such as organisational psychologists.
All our programmes are developed based on best practice research and guiding design principles. This approach ensures we work in partnership with our clients to deliver excellent outcomes, including:
- Increased success in achieving and sustaining long-term behavioural change
- Raised self awareness in leaders across the organisation
- Significantly enhancing leaders’ ability to self manage to reduce risks of poor business and ethical decisions
- Improved performance of leadership teams, through enhanced team risk and responsibility awareness and more informed team selection decisions
- Enhanced workplace culture and behaviours, greater staff engagement and higher commitment to organisational goals